30 Oct 2012 11:59 AM EST
- by Sarah Jordan, Contributing Writer; Image: Strong flooding in the Lower East Side led to power outtages for Manhattan south of 39th St.
The following updates have come out of a joint press conference given by Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Cuomo:
- 7 East River subway lines are still flooded. These lines connect Brooklyn and Queens to Manhattan.
- Limited bus service to be restored by 5 PM today.
- There's a boat on a Metro North track that is hampering service there.
- Taxi drivers will be able to pick up multiple fares at once.
- Roads should be cleared by tomorrow.
- NYC public schools are closed Wednesday, October 31.
- ConEd should begin restoring power within days, with Governor Cuomo classifying previous estimates of a 2-week restoration time as "unacceptable."
- The Brooklyn Battery and Holland tunnels are still closed and flooded. The same is true with the Queens Midtown Tunnel.
- Area bridges are re-opening, but all bridges in the Rockaways are closed.
- Drinking water in New York is clean and may have a different taste due to extra chlorine that State officials added in as a precaution.
More updates within the hour.
-by Daniel Mogollon, Staff Writer; Image: Detroit WR Calvin Johnson has 69 career TD receptions. (Image Source: Gregory Shamus/Getty Images) Here are this week’s picks: RAIDERS +7 ½...
Cleanup on, flood threat looms after huge NY snow Beth Bragg's home was spared the worst of a lake-effect storm that buried parts of the Buffalo area under more than 7 feet of snow. So why was she out first-thing...