22 Oct 2012 04:41 PM EST
-by Trista McKenzie, Contributing Writer; Image: The LIRR is causing New York City commuters the most trouble this afternoon. (Image Source: MTA)
Mondays are always the worst commutes—even if it’s a smooth trip home, you know there are still four more to go... Luckily, it’s a nice day today, and things seem to be running normally.
Almost all subway trains are running normally this afternoon, though signal problems at 183rd St. are causing downtown 4 trains to run with delays.
Unfortunately, the Long Island Railroad is not so lucky if you’re using the Montauk or Babylon branch. Due to a police investigation at Babylon of an unauthorized person on the tracks, expect delays up to one hour in both directions on both the Montauk and Babylon lines this afternoon. Full details direct from the MTA’s website follow:
- The 3:06PM train from Babylon due Penn at 4:22PM, is operating 13 minutes late because of an earlier police investigation. This train will be canceled in Jamaica, and customers will be accommodated by the next westbound train.
- The 3:42PM train from Babylon due Penn at 4:55PM, is being held in Babylon Station because of congestion caused by a police investigation in Babylon.
- The 4:04PM train from Penn due Babylon at 5:05PM, is canceled because of congestion caused a police investigation in Babylon. Customers will be accommodated by the 4:12PM train from Penn due Massapequa Park at 5:10PM, making all combined stops to Babylon.
- The 2:36PM train from Penn due Babylon at 3:51PM, is being held in Lindenhurst Station because of congestion caused by a police investigation in Babylon.
- The 3:03PM train from Jamaica due Patchogue at 4:10PM, is being held in Hicksville Station because of congestion caused by a police investigation in Babylon.
- The 4:16PM train from Atlantic Terminal due Babylon at 5:28PM, is canceled in Atlantic Terminal because of congestion in Babylon from a police investigation.
- The 3:31PM train from Patchogue due Babylon at 4:02PM, is being held in Bay Shore Station because of congestion caused by a police investigation in Babylon.
- The 3:03PM train from Penn due Babylon at 4:15PM, is being held at Amityville Station because of a police investigation of an unauthorized person on the tracks in Babylon.
- The 3:03PM train from Penn due Babylon at 4:15PM, is canceled in Amityville Station because of congestion caused by a police investigation of an unauthorized person on the tracks in Babylon. Customers will be accommodated by the next eastbound train.
Meanwhile, most Metro-North Railroad trains are running normally, but as usual, buses are substituting for trains on the Port Jervis line between Port Jervis and Harriman between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. until November 9.
City buses are also facing the usual delays and such.
The M3 stop on W 110th St. at Frederick Douglass Blvd. is closed due to building construction. M9 buses are detoured due to construction on Hudson St. M11 buses are also delayed due to construction on Columbus Ave. between W 64th St. and W 63rd St. M22 buses are detoured and facing stop changes due to the Chambers Street Reconstruction Project. M96 buses are also facing a temporary stop change due to construction and will bypass the Madison Ave. stop. Finally, M101, M102 and M103 buses are bypassing the stop at 60th St. and 3rd Ave. due to emergency construction. Customers can board the buses at 63rd St. and 3rd Ave.
B1 buses are detoured due to milling on Avenue X between McDonald Ave. and Ocean Pkwy. B35 buses are detoured due to construction on Church Ave. between Flatbush and Rogers Ave.
Due to construction, Bx28 and Bx30 bus service is bypassing the bus stop at Gun Hill Rd. and Bronxwood Ave. in both directions. Customers can board at Golden Ave. Bx12SBS, Bx29 and Bx38 buses are detoured due to construction.
Q85 buses are detoured due to construction on Francis Lewis Blvd. Q39 buses are detoured westbound due to DEP work on 60th Ln. and Cooper Ave.
All bridges and tunnels are running smoothly throughout the city.
For more information, visit the MTA.
-by Daniel Mogollon, Staff Writer; Image: Michigan Wolverines cornerback Jourdan Lewis makes acrobatic interception. (Image Source: AP Photo) The Michigan Wolverines will be represented by a game-high...
College Basketball: 19-0 Gonzaga Climbs to No. 3 Behind Villanova, Kansas in the AP Top 25