13 Jul 2014 11:55 AM EST
-by NFL Draft Bible, Contributing Writer; Image: DeVante Parker has caught 22 touchdown passes over the past two seasons. (Image Source: Getty Images)
Position: Wide Receiver | Height: 6025
Weight: 209 | Forty: 4.56 | Class: 2015
Hometown: Louisville, KY | Year: Senior
Dob: 1/20/93 | Projection: 3rd/4th Round
Player Comparison: Javon Walker
- Possession type of wideout that wins with prototype length and size.
- Underrated athletically; He has moves after the catch and a 40-inch vertical leap.
- Excellent footwork; Parker is blessed with the ability to tiptoe the sidelines, drag his foot and come down with the football inbounds.
- Understands how to identify holes in coverage with his field awareness and football intelligence.
- Real my-ball mentality; Locates the football quickly, times his jump and attacks the football.
- Does not possess elite speed and is more of an X option.
- Shoulder injury vs. Temple, left game and missed next week vs. Rutgers but came back and finished season strong. Also missed time in bowl game vs. Miami but returned to the game.
- Limited burst off the line and lack of a third gear to run away from a defense.
- Technique is still raw with only a limited number of routes in his trick bag at this point.
- No Incidents that we are aware of. Well-respected player in the locker room.
- Son of former Louisville running back Anthony Shelman.
- Committed student, set to graduate the summer before Sr. season.
- 2013 (JR): All AAC 1st Team. 2012 (SO): All Big-East 1st Team
“I think his God-given ability makes him special to the public eye… What makes him special to me is his commitment to show up every day and grind. This kid works hard every day. He’s really committed to getting himself better. He’s constantly trying to figure out how to be an expert.” --Louisville Offensive Coordinator, Garrick McGee
NFL Draft/Rookie Columns:
Rookie Watch: WR Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina |QB Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota | OLB Jadeveon Clowney, Houston |WR Brandin Cooks, New Orleans | CB Darqueze Dennard, Cincinnati |DT Timmy Jernigan, Baltimore | WR Jarvis Landry, Miami | OT Taylor Lewan, Tennessee | OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo | Jordan Matthews, Philadelphia | A.J. McCarron, Cincinnati | QB Zach Mettenberger, Tennessee |OL Greg Robinson, St. Louis| DE Michael Sam, Rams |QB Logan Thomas, Arizona
Green Bay Packers Off the Clock: Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama | Wide Receiver Davante Adams, Fresno | Defensive Tackle Khyri Thornton, USM | Tight End Richard Rodgers, Cal | Outside Linebacker Carl Bradford, ASU | Wide Receiver Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin| Center Corey Linsley, Ohio State | Cornerback Demetri Goodson, Baylor | Wide Receiver Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State
New York Giants Off the Clock: Wide Receiver Odell Beckham Jr., LSU | Center Weston Richburg, Colorado State| Defensive Tackle Jay Bromley, Syracuse | Running Back Andre Williams, BC| Strong Safety Nat Berhe, San Diego State| Outside Linebacker Devon Kennard, USC | Cornerback Bennett Jackson, Notre Dame | Tight End Xavier Grimble, USC| Defensive Tackle Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina | Safety C.J. Barnett, Ohio State | 2014 NFL Draft Review
New York Jets Off the Clock: Safety Calvin Pryor, Louisville | Tight End Jace Amaro, Texas Tech| Cornerback Dexter McDougle, Maryland| Wide Receiver Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma| Wide Receiver Shaq Evans, UCLA| Offensive Lineman Dakota Dozier, Furman | Inside Linebacker Jeremiah George, ISU | Cornerback Brandon Dixon, NW Missouri St. | Wide Receiver Quincy Enunwa, Nebraska | Outside Linebacker IK Enemkpali, La. Tech| Quarterback Tajh Boyd, Clemson | Outside Linebacker Trevor Reilly, Utah | 2014 NFL Draft Review
For more NFL Draft analysis, check out NFLDraftBible.com.
-by Daniel Mogollon, Staff Writer; Image: Devin Smith makes catch in practice. (Image Source: Associated Press) With the New York Jets reporting to training camp on Wednesday, we’re going...
Daily Dish: OSU's Cardale Jones Scared by Prank; Little-Kid Race at MiLB Game Hilarious Wipeouts; Colorado State Player Gets 6th Year, Mobbed