30 Nov 2011 11:36 AM EST
-by Alex Mangini, Staff Writer; Image: Drogba (Image Source: Soccerlens)
Striker Didier Drogba has turned down a one-year contract with his current club, Chelsea, and his agent has stepped forward to reveal that his client will “go where he is offered the most money.”
The 33-year-old Ivory Coast national is expected to leave the west London club when his contract expires after seven seasons, ESPN Soccernet reports.
Drogba originally came to the club from Marseille in 2004 but has seen his playing time decrease recently thanks to the emergence of Englishman Daniel Sturridge and the signing of Spaniard Fernando Torres.
"Didier has had the offer of a one-year extension from Chelsea. That does not suit us," Thierno Seydi told The Sun. "We know what we want, where we want to go and what offers we have.”
“AC Milan came in for Didier on loan with an option to buy, but I said ‘no’ straight away, he continued. “Their offer did not interest us. At Didier's age, he has nothing left to prove as a player. He will go where he is offered the most money. It could be the United States, Russia, Qatar or somewhere else in Asia.”
“Once you are well into your 30s you have to go to a club where you can be certain you’ll be able to pay your bills. LA Galaxy are a possibility, among many others. He has been linked with Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, as they pay well. But neither Didier nor I have had an offer from them.”
Friends, family and even complete strangers of two women killed in last week's movie theater shooting in Lafayette, Louisiana, will gather Monday for their funerals.Mayci Breaux, 21, and Jillian...
It took flying across the world to get President Barack Obama to talk about Donald Trump — and let loose.Responding at first to a question about former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s...