Seasons Greetings
    

Flash News: Kazakhstan Denies Chinese Report of 'Unknown Pneumonia" More Deadly than COVID-19     - | -     Fauci Still 'Cautiously Optimistic' There Will Be COVID-19 Vaccine by Early 2021     - | -     Biden Releases Economic Plan that Includes Focus on Buying American Products     - | -     Michael Cohen Sent Back to Prison After Not Agreeing to Conditions of Home Confinement     - | -     Former Manhattan US Attorney Says Barr Repeatedly Pressured Him to Resign     - | -     Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Manhattan DA with Trump's Finances     - | -     Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman Retires Because of 'Bullying' and 'Retaliation' by Trump     - | -     This Is What GOP Feared. Now that Trump Has Governed with Executive Orders, Dems Plan to Do Same      - | -     Man Throwing 'Incendiary Devices' at ICE Detention Center Is Killed in Attack      - | -     Mueller Hearing Pushed Back a Week to Allow More Time for Him to Answer Questions      - | -     Trump Tells 4 Congresswomen of Color to 'Go Back' to 'Crime-Infested' Countries They Came From      - | -     GOP Congressman Invokes 'The Deep State'

Breaking News: Coronavirus Spiking In U.S. Again... Readmore

Features & Columns

Study: Belonging To This American Class Means A Far Higher Risk Of A Fatal Heart Attack

viewsViews 144

Study: Belonging To This American Class Means A Far Higher Risk Of A Fatal Heart Attack

2020-05-28 03:48:45

A new study reveals a person's risk for having a heart attack, and dying of one, is linked to lower socioeconomic status. According to UPI, lower socioeconomic status is exemplified by a lack of resources for safe housing, nutritious food, and access to healthcare. Contributory factors to heart disease include smoking, high blood pressure and diabetes. They account for roughly 40% of the increased risk. However, researchers reported the remaining 60% was attributable to 'other factors' associated with lower socioeconomic status. The new analysis estimates that more than 31.2 million adults in the United States have low socioeconomic status. For the study, this was defined as household income $12,760 for a household of one -- or educational level less than high school.

Post Your Comment




Most Recent News

MLB and MLBPA Announce Final Test Results of Intake Screening

11 July, 2020

  -MLB release posted by Daniel Mogollon, Staff Writer; Images: Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom of the New York Mets. (Image Source: Jim McIsaac / Getty Images) Major League......More

MLB: Today's Houston Astros Workout Cancelled

11 July, 2020

  -by Daniel Mogollon, Staff Writer; Images: Minute Maid Park. (Image Source: Leslie Plaza Johnson/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) Decision made as a precautionary step due to a potential......More

Soccer: Premier League's North London Derby Without Fans Is 'So Sad'

11 July, 2020

  North London derby without fans is 'so sad'  ...More

MORE FOR YOU