Site Search
Google Search
Breaking News: Pentagon admits it had a UFO program, claims it ended in 2012     - | -     A conflict is brewing between Mueller and Trump's transition team over obtained emails     - | -     Large Swathes of Southern California Are in Ruins Thanks to the Thomas Fire     - | -     Landslide Sweeps Through Village In Southern Chile     - | -     Suicide Bombers Attack Church In Pakistan, Killing Nine     - | -     Prince Harry And Barack Obama Display Friendship
Sean Hannity Declares 'Journalism Is Dead' After ABC Makes Error in Michael Flynn Reporting
Get Film & Television Alerts

6 Dec 2017 02:34 PM EST

-by Laura Tucker, Staff Writer; Image: Sean Hannity (Image Source: YouTube Screenshot)

Sean Hannity seems to have a short memory.

After previously refusing to stop reporting on a conspiracy theory, despite Fox News deciding the story hadn't been thoroughly vetted, on Monday night he discussed ABC News making an error in a breaking news report and declared, "Journalism is dead."

During Friday morning's episode of The View, Joy Behar, the moderator that day, was handed breaking news that said Michael Flynn had agreed to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump instructed him to reach out to Russian officials. This report came from Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross.

However, this is not what Flynn had agreed to. He did agree to testify that Trump instructed him to make contact with Russian officials, but not during the campaign – it was actually after Trump was already elected.

ABC News later issued a statement that said they "deeply regret and apologize for the serious error we made yesterday." They explained Brian Ross hadn't fully vetted the story, and they corrected their mistake on air and online.

"It is vital we get the story right and retain the trust we have built with our audience — these are our core principles," they wrote.

They added that Ross was being suspended for four weeks without pay.

The erroneous news was something that had an immediate effect. Many people believed this news, and it even drove down stocks initially.

"It's scary. It's real," Hannity said while reporting on the erroneous news story. "And it proves what we have been saying on this program since '08: Journalism in American is dead."

He felt ABC's move to suspend Ross was "little too little, little too late."

However, back in May, Hannity was feeling A-Okay about journalism practices in America, especially his own.

A DNC staffer, Seth Rich, was murdered in July of 2016. Julian Assange implied that Rich had been a whistleblower. Then earlier in 2017 a Fox station and Hannity were told by a private investigator that there was evidence that WikiLeaks and Rich had been in communication before the murder.

Hannity ran with it. Fox News then said the initial article was not up to their usual "high degree of editorial scrutiny" and removed the story.

Hannity, though, kept plodding along with the story. He even tweeted a teaser to his show promising news about the Rich story and its effect on the outcome of the Trump/Russia collusion and his "future at Fox."

However, by the time his show aired that night, Hannity had suddenly changed his mind, and out of respect for the Rich family's wishes, he decided to stop commenting on the story.

Perhaps he should have been suspended without pay as well.

Post Your Comment  
Excellent Very Good Good Fair Poor



Recently Posted Comments
FREE
AllMediaNY AllMediaNY AllMedaiNY
allmediany market place